The human intestines are 20+ feet long and house over 90% of our body’s serotonin (the neurotransmitter often associated with depression and anxiety) and is a large part of your body’s immune system, not to mention has enough surface area to cover a tennis court.
As a result, gastrointestinal health is paramount for the health of every cell in your body! Every nutrient we acquire comes from our gut, and when this system is not functioning at its prime everything else suffers. Depression, Anxiety, Fatigue, Chronic Pain, Immune Problems, Allergies, Skin Conditions/Acne, and Headaches are just some of the conditions that can be improved by simply improving our digestive function.
If you deal with conditions like IBS, Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Indigestion, Acid Reflux, or other digestive issues I can help explore your holistic and natural options. I work with my patients to not only resolve uncomfortable symptoms but to restore health and digestive function.
Ways that I impact Gastrointestinal health and can further your care
- Dietary and Nutrition Care – I hold a B.S. in Dietetics, Nutritional Science
- Food Sensitivity/Allergy Testing
- Comprehensive Stool testing – beyond that of the standard laboratory
- Focused nutrient, botanical, or pharmaceutical treatment with a goal of restoring normal function
- Repairing damage
- Most importantly recognizing and treating the body as a whole .
Get a Free Health Guide when you Sign up for Dr. Buxbaum’s Newsletter
A brief consult to discuss your case and make sure we are the right match.