Methylation is an incredibly important biochemical reaction in the body. One of the most commonly researched and tested enzymes in this pathway is called MTHFR (Methyltetrahydrafolate Reductase).
The functions of Methylation in the body are to
- Create and Breakdown Neurotransmitters (Like Serotonin, Dopamine, Histamine, and Epinephrine)
- Create new DNA (Genetic Material)
- Support the production Creatine and the Lipid Cell Wall
- Support 250+ other mechanisms in the body
Because of its function Methylation and MTHFR are very impacting on conditions like
- Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cancer Prevention and Supportive Care
- Thyroid Conditions
- Hormonal Health
Addressing existing conditions via Methylation and MTHFR is key, but one of its greatest powers is with Prevention.
Read more about Genetic testing and additional SNPs here as Methylation and MTHFR are only one piece of the puzzle.
Get a Free Health Guide when you Sign up for Dr. Buxbaum’s Newsletter
A brief consult to discuss your case and make sure we are the right match.