Methylation is an incredibly important biochemical reaction in the body. One of the most commonly researched and tested enzymes in this pathway is called MTHFR (Methyltetrahydrafolate Reductase).
The functions of Methylation in the body are to:
- Create and Breakdown Neurotransmitters (Like Serotonin, Dopamine, Histamine, and Epinephrine)
- Create new DNA (Genetic Material)
- Support the production Creatine and the Lipid Cell Wall
- Support 250+ other mechanisms in the body
As a foundation of your body’s biochemistry, Methylation and MTHFR are very impacting on conditions like:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Histamine Intolerance
- Sleep Problems or Insomnia
- Mast Cell Disorders and Mastocytosis
- Thyroid Conditions and Hormone Health
- Mental Health Conditions
- Lyme Disease
- Cancer Prevention and Supportive Care
- Environmental Exposures (Solvents, Chemical Exposures, Mold, etc)
- Neurological Conditions
- Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction and POTS
- Behavioral and Learning Challenges
- Conditions with an unknown cause.
Addressing existing conditions via Methylation and MTHFR is key, but one of its greatest powers is with Prevention.
Read more about Genetic testing and additional SNPs here as Methylation and MTHFR are only one piece of the puzzle.
Complimentary Intro Consult
A brief consult to discuss your case and make sure we are the right match.
Sign up for Dr. Buxbaum’s Newsletter